Disney Infinity continues to have great success at retail as we approach the one-year anniversary of the gaming platform’s debut. Counting just the starter packs alone, over 3 million had been sold as of the beginning of 2014. The all-important month of December, where much of holiday shopping occurs, was responsible for moving over 550,000. There are no signs of letting up, as the newest Toy Box pack, comprised of characters from the enormously popular Phineas and Ferb, is headed to stores next week!
Phineas and Agent P have made it to the big time, representing the hit show on Disney Infinity with two collectible figures. The Toy Box pack packages the two figures along with two exclusive power discs that unlock themes that will look familiar to fans of Phineas and Ferb. First previewed at last month’s Toy Fair in NY, the new set adds great value for both owners of the game and fans of the show.
You do not have to be a fan of Phineas and Ferb to enjoy watching the characters’ antics in the game. At the very least, the physical figures will add to your collection (hopefully, you have figured out a way to display the Disney Infinity figures beautifully), but the great set (priced at $29.99) succeeds at providing you with more entertainment, an area in which the game has certainly mastered. It goes on sale on Tuesday, April 1st (yes, really – it is not some April Fool’s joke)!
Below is a description of what the Toy Box pack includes:
The new Toy Box Pack features the immensely popular Phineas and Agent P characters from Disney Channel’s animated series “Phineas and Ferb.” Players will be able to embark on secret spy missions and defeat enemies with Agent P’s flying fedora or Phineas’ baseball blaster and tuck n’ roll moves. Both character figures are accompanied by their own unique Adventures. In the Phineas Adventure, players are set into a giant pinball machine and challenged to create a play field where they can destroy waves of oncoming robots.In the Agent P adventure, players can participate in a top-down adventure with side-scrolling elements that pay homage to old school arcade games.
The Phineas and Ferb Toy Box Pack will also include two new power discs to give players’ Toy Boxes a makeover. The “Tri-State Area Terrain” Texture Set and the “Danville Sky” Sky Theme will provide players with well-known location backgrounds from the show, including the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building and a small waterslide park invented in one of the cartoon’s episodes.
Watch a trailer of Phineas and Agent P in action below:
Wave 3 of the Disney Infinity Power Discs are also set to debut on April 1st. The discs have always represented an incredible part of the platform, as they allow access to vehicles, themes, weapons, and more from across Disney and Pixar films. The newest wave gives gamers great items such as the Toy Story Mania Blaster (from the theme park ride), Phillippe the horse (from Beauty and the Beast), and a Buy ‘N’ Large Atmosphere (from WALL-E). Take a look at the new wave of power discs below:
The Circular Power Discs grant characters special power ups that can be used in both Play Set and Toy Box modes. Hexagonal Power Discs unlock special gadgets, vehicles and themes to allow for even more customization opportunities within Toy Box mode. Players can stack up to two Circular Power Discs or up to three Hexagonal Power Discs to optimize all the add-ons. The third wave of Power Discs will also hit stores on April 1 in blind packs of two for a suggested retail price of $4.99.
- Chernabog’s Strength – A representation of pure evil from Fantasia, you can summon the demonic power of this villain to do 3% more damage
- Rapunzel’s Healing – The magic of Rapunzel’s hair does more than make blonde locks continue to grow. Her golden hair has healing properties that can give a character 40% more health
- Violet’s Force Field – The quiet daughter of The Incredibles can not only turn invisible, she can generate a force field that can reduce damage by 3%
- Mickey’s Sorcerer Hat – The infamous and iconic hat from The Sorcerer’s Apprentice allows characters to gain experience at a 2% faster rate
- Cruella DeVille’s car – Jump in to the villain’s car from 101 Dalmations to chase after friends and foes
- Disney Parks Parking Tram – This vehicle can bring back fond memories of a trip to the Disney Parks. It provides the great comedic value of driving around a parking lot tram, especially when challenging fancy racecars
- Calico Helicopter – The cunning and merciless villain from Bolt is always surrounded by cats and its master strategist. Take control of Dr. Calico’s helicopter which is fully equipped with rockets to rain fire from above
- Phillippe – The loyal horse from Beauty and the Beast is the trusty companion and only mode of transportation for Belle and her father Maurice. The horse is loyal, but has been known to get spooked easily
- Tantor – Tantor often seems to be timid and even cowardly. However, the gentle elephant has a deep bond with his friends and is often inspired to acts of bravery
- Dragon Firework Cannon – The cannon from Mulan originated in ancient China and precedes modern guns as one of the first projectile-launching weapons
- Wall-E’s Fire Extinguisher – A rare toy inspired by a classic scene from WALL-E, it allows characters to use the propulsion from a fire extinguisher to hover in the air
- Wall-E’s Collection – Transform the Toy Box in to the desolate wasteland that the Earth has become due to consumerism and neglect
- Buy ‘N’ Large Atmosphere – The Sky Theme becomes a swirling dustbowl filled with empty buildings that are mere husks of their former glory. The most notable thing in the barren horizon are the numerous Buy ‘N’ Large signs
- Toy Story Mania Blaster – The toy originates from the Toy Story Midway Mania ride in Disney Parks. Unlike the Goo Guns from the Toy Story Play Set, this is a weapon designed to damage opponents
- Angus the Horse – The beautiful black Clydesdale from Brave is fiercely loyal to Merida. Although he can be stubborn at times, his strong bond to his owner allows him to be coaxed into almost anything
- Tri-State Area Terrain – A simple and subtle texture, along with a few gadgets, that is reminiscent of summertime when Phineas and Ferb create their incredible inventions
- Danville Sky – Turn the Sky Theme into the backdrop of Phineas and Ferb’s Tri-State Area. One of their greatest projects, a giant roller coaster, can be seen off in the distance. In addition, you can spot the iconic building of Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated, the lair of Agent P’s nemesis
Both the Phineas and Ferb Toy Box Pack and Wave 3 of the Power Discs go on sale next Tuesday, April 1st!